(Above) Custom Etched & Hand Painted for Pike Brewing http://www.pikebrewing.com/
At Bottless we take great pride in producing the best quality screen printed growler in the industry. The process starts from the moment we receive the artwork. We ask anyone submitting artwork to Bottless to use the following specs:
Digital format -- must include the following:
- .ai (Adobe Illustrator) CS 5 or earlier
- Vector line art, saved as either .ai, pdf or eps format*
- .cdr (CorelDraw) 5 or earlier
- Please include fonts when submitting art or save all type to outlines where fonts are not available.
- Include a supplementary PDF, JPG and/or paper label of the art so that the designers can compare the eps files to the PDF. This is to ensure there have been no problems opening the files.
- Email all artwork to: email@example.com
TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS to ensure good quality print.
- A minimum type of height 2mm (lower case).
- A minimum line thickness of .13mm/.369 point to ensure printability.
- Any precious metal paints require a minimum 1mm trap from any other paint to avoid tarnishing the precious metal finish. Precious metal paints have some amount of flow and are not suggested for fine detail.
- Please include SPOT COLOR indicators using the Pantone Matching System®. Do not submit CMYK/RGB colors - we do not use them in screen printing.
- On most bottles, print cannot be on the curve of the bottle shoulder and must be 7mm below the curve. There also can be no print on the bottom 20mm of the bottle.
* Where necessary, we may work with high resolution tif files (300dpi or higher), links must be included.
Your Bottless Graphic Designer will discuss with you the use of any continuous tone images after review of your art. All type must be adjustable vector art, no exceptions please.